Propaganda of WW2 in Japan and America
Propaganda of Pacific War. WWII.
- Watch the films above--about 7.5 minutes each.
- Answer the questions listed below using the material of both films. Submit your answers via this website in pdf format or directly into the program.
- Who is the intended audience.
- What is the symbolism in the Japanese film (different animals)?
- What do you think is racist about the American film?
- Why do the Americans disparage Japanese technology?
- Why does the American film use such voices and poor English?
- Why do both films use animation?
- What parts of such animation are actually very literal?
- Write 150 words about your impressions of this propaganda. Does this help you understand the definition of propaganda?